There are a variety of policy frameworks that relate to culturally responsive practice in mental health and across health and community services. Here are some key Victorian and national frameworks.
- Department of Health & Human Services — Cultural Diversity plan 2016–2019
This document provides a blue-print for future whole of government approach to cultural diversity planning.
- Department of Health & Human Services — Victorian Cultural Responsiveness Framework for Health Services 2009
OTHER VICTORIAN GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENTS
- Department of Premier and Cabinet — Cultural Diversity Inclusion Strategy 2015–2018
OTHER VICTORIAN FRAMEWORKS
- Family Safety Victoria — vic.gov.au/everybody-matters-inclusion-and-equity-statement
Victoria’s Everybody Matters: Inclusion and equity statement and intersectional approach to family violence and service provision.
- Safer Care Victoria
Horvat, L (2019). Partnering in healthcare for better care and outcomes, Safer Care Victoria, State Government of Victoria, Melbourne.
- Embrace Multicultural Mental Health — embracementalhealth.org.au/service-providers/framework-landing
The Embrace Mental Health framework for Mental Health Services allows services to evaluate their culturally responsive practice against a range of domains.